Monday, October 3, 2016

First Water Kefir!

I just recently started growing water kefir a few days ago and everyone is loving it! 

  • I started by pouring my kifer grains into a quart size mason jar.
  • Then, I add 1/4 cup organic sugar.
  • I fill the rest of the space up with filtered water.
  • I let it sit for 24-48 hours (depending on how fast your grains eat the sugar). 
  • Once your kefir is ready, you strain the water into another jar and add your favorite flavors! (My favorite is 1/3 cup strawberry puree and 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice. Thank you Sister Scholes for recommending that!)  
  • (As for the kefir grains that now should be in a jar by themselves, repeat same process as above)
  • Once the flavors are incorporated, pour your drink into a sealed bottle. This will make it carbonated like soda.
  • Let the drink sit for 8 hours or so.


                                                                            Enjoy!
P.S. I actually shared this with a friend and she liked it so much she asked for seconds! That's why I love water kefir. It has natural probiotics in it, yet it's not something you have to learn to love. You just love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment